Super Kid and I threw together this little Easter centerpiece for our breakfast table yesterday. Everything (except the vase, which I had already) came from the Dollar Tree, which made this centerpiece cost a total of $5 and took all of 15 MINUTES!!! We love it!
How I did it:
What you need:
- Small vase - can be square or round
- Jelly beans - how much will depend on the size of your vase. I used one bag.
- Peeps - can be chicks or bunnies - Again, depends on the vase, I used 1 full pack (2 rows)
- Styrofoam floral arranging foam - mine was round, because my vase was round
- Faux flowers
- Foam Easter eggs on sticks (optional) - this was something I found as the Dollar Tree that was super cute. I don't know how else to describe them, LOL
What I did:
I put the styrofoam floral foam in the center of the vase. Then we filled around the styrofoam with jelly beans until it was to the top of the styrofoam, not OVER the top, just to the top rim. Then we arranged our Peeps on top of the jelly beans. Make sure you dust as much sugar off of your Peeps as possible. Otherwise, you'll end up with sugar all over your jelly beans and your vase. Then cut your flowers to the height you want and arrange them into the styrofoam floral form. If you have some cute stick-ins like the Foam Easter egg ones I had, you would add those last.
Voila! A cute, cheap, QUICK Easter centerpiece that the kids are sure to love!